Why New Year’s Resolutions Fail and What to Do About It

It’s that time of year again. The time when gyms are packed with people who have made New Year’s resolutions to get fit, and the shelves at bookstores are lined with titles like “The Motivation Method” and “How to Stay on Track in your Goals.” We all start out with the best of intentions, but by February, most of us have either given up or slowed down significantly. In fact, according to Ezine, 98% of New Year’s Resolutions fail in the first 3 months of the year, leaving only a 2% success rate! Why is it that we’re so bad at following through on our resolutions? And more importantly, what can we do to make sure we stick to them this year?

The problem with New Year’s resolutions is that they don’t last. It’s no surprise why – because there isn’t any action plan to help you keep track of your progress and stay motivated on a regular basis, which means the goal won’t be achieved anytime soon if ever at all!

Example

Let’s take an example. Selling more homes in the new year sounds like a great resolution, but now we need to think about how do you plan on accomplishing this goal? Perhaps setting up follow-up systems for your database and staying top of mind when they are looking for an agent is one way that could work well with their needs. Maybe you call some of your past customers each week and touch base. Or maybe the action step is to achieve your 5x a day. We could even add in the power of donuts.

Now that you have set up your action plan, it’s time to put the wheels in motion! Make sure to mark these steps in your calendar so you don’t miss this appointment. Start taking those first steps toward success.

Your Action Plan

Sometimes it’s hard to stay motivated and focused on the things we need do each week. Luckily, I’ve created a plan just for you! Check out my 90-days to Success Program that will help make sure your goals are met in no time at all with its weekly step-by-step instructions.

I know it is easy to get off track when the distractions around us or even within ourselves make achieving success difficult. That’s why you will receive weekly coaching videos and homework that help keep your business on course for more money, better control over time management and more! You don’t need recreate the wheel; learn from someone who has accomplished these things themselves and can teach you how! Imagine in 90 days how your business could improve…

And if you want more ideas on how to renovate your real estate business for success, be sure to read The Standout Agent, available on Amazon and everywhere books are sold. There’s a reason why it quickly became a #1 seller!

Looking for More Tips?

Be sure to sign up for more tips on my website. Want to read more articles like this one? To ensure you don’t miss them, sign up here.

I can’t wait to see your transformed business in just 90 days!

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: